Friday, July 10, 2009

The I Believe Bunny

The I Believe Bunny has wonderful illustrations (Frank Endersby) , an excellent story (Tish Rabe), and most importantly a heartfelt message about strength through prayer. What can I say; it is not too often that my entire household enjoys a book. The message this book sends about the power of prayer and helping others is well delivered and easy for a child to comprehend. The author, Tish Rabe, does a brilliant job teaching the verse Philippians 4:13 : `I can do everything through him who gives me strength' . When faced with a complicated task Bunny puts aside his own apprehension and places his trust in God. Bunny gets some help from his friends and is able to save Mouse. Though this book may be classified as a Christian book, it has strong character lessons, such as teamwork and friendship that will reach various age groups. This book is positive throughout and easily lends itself to conversation about faith and trust in God. My three year old has enjoyed reading this book as well as my eight year old cousin. This would make an excellent “new baby” gift or christening/baptism gift. I would recommend this book for children ages 2 and above.


No comments:

Post a Comment